I love to see people smile. It is so rewarding to give children and adults the confidence to share a big happy smile. I know this confidence will positively affect their lives, whether in school, at work, or most important, in their relationships. Let’s face it: People want to be around people who smile.
I live in Millersville, MD with my lovely wife Melissa and my wonderful stepdaughter Lynsey. (and our cat Tilly) I am blessed to have Melissa work with me in the office. She is our patient liaison and makes sure that all of our patients get the special attention they need and deserve.
My philosophy is to do what is right for my patients, have open communication, listen, and care. Our team strives to deliver excellence in all we do.
I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and your family.
Below is my professional timeline.
2017 Severna Park Voice readers voted and chose Wright Orthodontics for the 6th year in a row the Top Orthodontist in Severna Park
2016-2006: Honored as Top Orthodontist by his peers in What’s Up Annapolis Magazine
2014 WHAT’S UP? MEDIA voted by our peers in the dental community as 2014 Top Dentist – Field of Orthodontics
2014, 2013 Chesapeake Family Magazine’s Favorite Docs Readers nominated and voted Wright Orthodontics as Favorite Orthodontist Practice
2003: Board Certified Diplomate
- Dr. Wright attained the highest achievement in the field of orthodontics by becoming board certified. The American Board of Orthodontics is the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association and sponsored by the American Association of Orthodontists.
2002: Severna Park, Chestertown
- Dr. Wright joined and was entrusted with Dr. Arnold Zaks’ orthodontic practices upon his retirement.
2000 – 2002: Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, DC
- Chief of staff for orthodontic department in advanced education in general dentistry residency
- Orthodontic “Subject Matter Expert” for the Department of Defense Health Records Program
1998 – 2000: Orthodontic Residency
- Dr. Wright graduated from the Air Force Medical Service’s Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center orthodontic residency program, a program accredited by the American Dental Association.
1996 – 1998: Royal Air Force, Lakenheath, England
- Dr. Wright provided comprehensive dentistry to U.S. military families stationed in the United Kingdom. He received the Air Force Commendation Medal for Outstanding Service.
1995 – 1996: Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
- Distinguished graduate of an advanced education in general dentistry residency program
1991 – 1995: University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine
- Graduated with top honors
- Selected into Dental Honorary Society OKU
- Received the nationally recognized Hinman Award
- Received the Dmed, Zubrow, & Lothrop Awards for academic and research achievement
- Received the Air Force Health Professional Scholarship